10.18.2005

By (somewhat) popular demand

Greek Chicken & Rice

2 lb. boneless & skinless chicken breasts cut into palm size sections
Coat with and marinate 1 cup dry white wine, a little sea salt, quality olive oil, fresh cracked pepper, and Greek Spice for about 2 hours

In a medium, heavy sauce pan combine:

1 can low-fat Cream of chicken soup
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1 can chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
2-3 tablespoons crushed garlic
1 sliced red pepper
1 small can pitted black olives drained
4-5 stalks green onions chopped
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Fresh cracked pepper to taste
Sea salt to taste
2 tablespoon butter or margarine

Just mix all this together and let simmer on low for an hour or so to thicken.

You can bake the chicken or grill it. I grilled it.

In a large, heavy fryer or deep pan boil 4 cups water with butter or margarine
and add then 4 cups instant white rice. (Brown could be used too I suppose) Remove from heat and let set 5-6 minutes.

Lay the chicken over the bed of rice in pan and then cover with about 1/2 of the sauce. Top with fresh parsley if you want to look fancy :-) I prefer more sauce so the extra sauce can be used as desired. Makes about 8 large servings.

Along with this main dish I served:

Fresh green beans steamed and then topped with a little melted butter and drizzled with Greek Salad dressing. It gave the fresh beans a lovely sweet flavor. ( I plan to try fresh steamed asparagus next time.)

Red potatoes baked in olive oil and Herbs of Provence spices. (my T made these and they were awesome)

Fresh (bakery) sour dough bread with olive oil & spice for dipping.

Bon Appetite!

The meal was great if I did make it myself.

10 comments:

Scott said...

You did post it!!!
Sounds soooo good!

I'm glad that your doing well. you sound happy.

And if I ever write something worth publishing, you would be at the top of my list.

Bougie Black Boy said...

Hmmmmm i'm impressed. I think I need to give you some of my BougieBlackBoy Southern food recipes.

cola boy said...

Yummy! When's dinner, again? ;-)

Mr. Brian said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds tasty!

doris said...

Sounds like a fabulous meal.

What is Greek Spice or Greek Seasoning? I shall have to look it up or see if it is a standard seasoning in the shops.

The red potato dish sounds fab. I love tatties :-)

When I'm ready, I'll come back and get a copy of this recipe - may well adapt it and will let you know! Thanks :-)

(I'm currently marinading thin strips of beef for crispy beef to go with an oriental aubergine dish)

Danger Mouse said...

Look like we have a master chef, amongst us.

Sounds very nice.

that matt guy said...

sounds delicious! now I just have to find someone to make it cuz I'm HORRIBLE in the kitchen. I can clean the house down but cook? heck no

Sangroncito said...

You are making me hungry!

Petunia McGillicuddy said...

you don't use two cans of chicken broth?

The Dangerous Man said...

I'm printing off a copy as we speak Pookie, the Scouse Mouse will be able to prepare a lovely meal with that.

Perhaps you could join us. Candle lit. Bring a bottle of red!