10.24.2005

What a fun morning

I am totally into this whole Halloween Phantom thing! I went and got my surprises for my 3 people. For the folks across the street (with THE most adorable little girl ever) I got a teddy bear dressed in a sweet witches outfit. For a widow friend up the street and a newlywed couple I got these scarecrow things that you stick in plants. Tacky I know but oh so fun. Part of the deal is that you have to post a letter on your front door stating that you were picked already and there are already a couple dozen homes tagged. I love it! While out driving and playing phantom I noticed all the cool Halloween decorations up. It makes me feel like a kid myself seeing all of the pumpkins..ghosts..etc... on all the homes. T & I are supposed to be carving pumpkins with CJ (my spray tan girl) and her 14 y.o. daughter this week. And it actually FEELS like Halloween.

I know...I'm rambling about all this but it just feels so right.

10 comments:

The Dangerous Man said...

Pookie, you really are a big kid at heart! haha.

You Americans really do go all the way when it comes to Halloween.

We just get the odd scruffy teenager asking for a bit of money at the door!

Can I come to your party? (if you have one)

Mr. Brian said...

halloween phantom? how cool is that?

doris said...

We have a large pumpkin sitting on our fridge but no-one seems to be rushing to carve it..... wish I was doing it with you lot! Plenty of snacks and drinks and laughter I bet :-) (Now I sound like a miserable old codger)

Sangroncito said...

Trick or Treat from Brazil!

purpletwinkie said...

I haven't carved a pumpkin in years. Maybe that's just what I need. Tomorrow I get one. Thanks.

Tomas said...

:-)
glad yr in the spirit, my friend... i hate it when i let being old makes me forget that i'm not... at least in spirit..... happy all hallows eve

Danger Mouse said...

Hope you have a good time Pookie.

The best thing about living in an apartment is that no kids will ring your doorbell saying trick or treat!!!!

DLAK said...

I'm dressing up like George Bush this year, I'm putting a cross up my ass and a oil well on my head.

BRETTCAJUN said...

This sounds like FUN! I have never heard of this. You must have a tight knit community there in Florida boo. Glad you are not one of the ones affected by Wilma! ;)

Petunia McGillicuddy said...

Hey Pookie, Happy Halloweenie!

that's what all the gay guys were saying to each other last year at my grocery store. they're all so sweet and middle aged and handsome. I can't believe it's been a year already.