2.01.2006

Keep your fingers crossed for me

In a little over an hour & 1/2 I have a meeting. Yes, dears, and this time I'm the one who called it. Well, actually I asked that a meeting be moved up a week in order to accommodate MY schedule and all the PP's agreed.

It's been 4 days of sheer bliss in that there have no harsh emails, hateful phone calls, or people quitting their jobs. I've a feeling that this meeting will go pretty nicely. #1 PP and RHM have gone out of their way to assure those of us left in the office how much they love us. OK, so we didn't get flowers, candy, or fat bonus checks left on our desks but each of us has been called by the big-wigs "to make sure that we're all doing OK and happy". Enough said. All I've ever wanted is to be appreciated, compensated, and occasionally told what a good job we do.

Not a peep out of my "close friend" and #2 PP. This isn't unusual because anytime they stir up shit they tend to avoid me. This is fine by me.

I had the meeting moved up because I will be gone next week and given all that has happened didn't feel it would be in my best interest to miss it. Thankfully I won't have to.

Now, I do have a little excitement to bring to the table and that's 4 more sets of plans that I've changed so much that they look like large red maps. Yippee for me!

I'll let ya know how it goes.

2 comments:

Brettcajun said...

Good luck Pookie!!!! I hope everything turns out for the very best and you get a big bonus or a promotion or SOMETHING!!!

By the way, thanks for posting on my blog this week. You put a lot of thought into that post, and I just wanted you to know that I appreciate it.

Pookie65 said...

The meeting was actually pretty good. No drama & no theatrics. Just down to business and a warm "thank you" from #1 PP.

When I got to the office it was busy and stayed that way until the second I left. I cannot WAIT to get out of town for a week. I plan on being a complete bum for the entire week :-)