1.02.2009

Resurrection

I tell you everything that is really nothing, and nothing of what is everything, do not be fooled by what I am saying. Please listen carefully and try to hear what I am not saying. ~Charles C. Finn

It has been almost two years since I've posted on this blog and looking back I'm not really sure why I stopped. Perhaps it was just time. Even though I've not updated it, I've visited it several times a week - along with those blogs I link to but as a lurker. It seems as if the time has come to revisit why I ever started inherently wrong to begin with and why, at this stage in my life, I feel compelled to re-enter the world of blogging. One possible reason is that over Thanksgiving, through the six degrees of separation, I found out that I had a real-life connection to one of my all time favorite bloggers, Fightin' Mad Mary. As it turns out, my step-niece is married to a former co-worker of Mary. Talk about a small world. Anyway, this newly discovered connection planted the seed in my mind that I should thinking about blogging again.

So a lot has changed in my life over the past two years. I've cheated death, gone back to school and gotten a 2nd degree, and am currently working towards my third. One day, when - if - I grow up, I will be doing something rewarding for very little pay. Time will tell. For now I will just relish in my life as a middle-aged, struggling student. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Happy New Year to us all.

1 comment:

Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Pookie!!!!

1st, Welcome back!!! I'm so glad that you are blogging again. I can't wait to get caught up on all you have going on.

2nd, You HAVE to tell me who your step-niece is married to!! What a small world - I can't believe that I would even come up in a conversation in your world anyway. I'm thinking they have something to do with reality tv?? Send me an email with their names - fightinmadmary@gmail.com