5.06.2006

random morning madness

Along with a few bills and advertisements in my mail from yesterday was a rental from Netflix, The Twilight of the Golds.

The Players: Jennifer Beals, Faye Dunaway, Brendan Fraser, Garry Marshall, Jon Tenney

The Plot: "When Suzanne Stein has a genetic analysis done on her unborn child, she discovers that although she has a healthy baby, the child will most likely be born gay, like her brother, David. She must decide whether to keep the child, or to have an abortion. Her family enters a crisis about love and acceptance as she makes this difficult choice."

My Take: The synopsis says it all. This was one of the most disturbing films I've seen in as long as I can remember. It left me sad, numb, and outraged. That said the story, directing, and acting were brilliant I highly recommend it if you're up to the emotional roller coaster you'll find yourself on while watching it.

Today as I took my morning coffee on the back porch a couple of things came to mind:

After bitching yesterday about it being so dry lately it looks like we may get rain. For obvious reasons it would be wonderful for the lawn & flowers. But on a selfish (vengeful) note if it rains a certain (bitch) someone will have spent and lost tens of thousands of dollars on a (self-serving) event that no one will attend. And if it storms again tomorrow the same (bitch) person will be hosting a smaller but equally as (self) important outdoor soiree with guests canceling due to the weather.

I was invited but politely declined. However, if it rains I may just have to make an appearance and spread a little of my own personal sunshine. Sweet Jesus let it pour buckets all weekend.

Then I remembered something I read on an internet site. It was an article showing how easy it would be for a person to really upset another person. Basically it asked how easy it would be to for someone to print out say 500 address labels. And then what if they were to place these labels on those (readily available and accessible) postage-paid subscription cards that fall from magazines. Finally I had to wonder that if these cards were to be mailed how confused and irate someone would be having to cancel all 500 subscriptions. What an ugly thing that would be to have happen.

It's funny the things that can pop into my head while I'm swinging in a swing and drinking coffee.

3 comments:

cola boy said...

What a wonderfully evil idea! (EG)

Doris said...

LOL You evil so and so ;-)

May it rain and rain.... good for the grass anyway.

Mike said...

Brilliant.

Can I use that?